Peacock Feathers Ordered....Check!

Since the fiance has slowed down at work this winter season (he's the director of golf at a course here in town)...he has been hard at work hunting down the best online deals of the season.  Due to the funky decor for our big day, a few things are only purchase-able online.  Is purchase-able a word...nope, don't think so.

If you've been following my blog you've probably already figured out that our big day decor is centered around the oh so beautiful peacock feather.  I fell in love with the colors; the metallic golds, deep purples and beautiful greens and most of all I fell in love with the eccentric touch the feather will add to many aspects of the decor.  It all started with this beautiful dress that my beautiful bridesmaids are each wearing....the dress totally syncs with all the peacock decor.

Saw it at a runway bridal event....and it was love at first site.  I wanted to be selfish and buy it for myself.  Instead I bought it for each of my gals.  Bari Jay is the designer and got each of them for UNDER $150, freakin' hot and I love 'em.  Check his looks out at http://www.barijay.com/.
For any other peacock brides out there, the fiance and I have scoured every possible feather website you can find out there in cyberspace and decided the cheapest and most legit was http://www.featherplace.com/.  We were able to order 300, yes 300 for only $100 bucks (including shipping).  If we would have purchased at Hobby Lobby or any craft store in town, we would have paid $300 at minimum.  Thank you world wide web.
We are using the feather in several different locations:  A touch in the centerpieces, a few in each bouquet, formal invites and one of my favorite places--the boutonniere.

Love this pic because it features the boutonniere on khaki and we're using khaki suits for the fab men in the bridal party.  (Sidenote:  We found the suits at a local JC Penny Outlet store for under $400 for all FOUR of them, yes you read me correct folks, ALL FOUR OF THEM

With the amount of time I've spent scouring the web, i've come across lots of brides asking where the best deals can be found.  I hope with this blog I can help other bride-to-be's save every $$$$$ possible with different tips here and there.  The key is DIY....Do It Yourself.  That time you spend on crafty little wedding projects, working with loved ones & sipping on Vino, is so rewarding not only for your relationships......but for the pocketbook

Tootles!


No comments:

Post a Comment