Stuffed, stamped and IN THE MAIL.

Thank. God.  We assembled, we drank, we hot glued, we drank, I handwrote every address, I drank, we stamped, we drank, I stuffed and......a celebratory 'drank' is in order for this evening once I drop off the invitations at the POST OFFICE. 

Thanks to all who helped.....the finished product was WELL WORTH all the blood, sweat and tears involved.  Ok, no blood, but it sounds so much more dramatic.

Hope the invit---ees love 'em as much as I do!

A necessity:  booze

Step one:  Cut each ivory sheet of cardstock in half



Short peacock feathers purchased for wholesale price online

Not a must, but my wonderful Madre did iron each piece of ribbon to make sure they were as beautiful as possible 

Step Two:  Hot glue peacock feather FIRST.  Then hot glue the piece of ribbon on the back of gold sheeet on each side

Step three:  Once feather and ribbon are hot glued to gold metallic sheet, using glue dots (purchased from Hobby Lobby), attach the gold sheet to the cut piece of ivory cardstock. 

Then take a break to play the rubber penis circle toss game
(see background)
Matching metallic gold envelopes, purchased online from envelopes.com (Note:  Can't find these suckers in a store)
I'm an animal LOVER (especially rescue animals)  so I had to go with these shelter pet stamps for the invites and reply cards.  I'm also obsessive compulsive, so I hand picked each stamp based on each invitee's personality. 
Now you understand why I drank so much.
Another necessity:  A wonderful team!



Leave me some love and tell me what you think!




2 comments:

  1. They look great! I can't believe you hand picked each stamp. I'm sure that was entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you better not have picked me a cat... :) they look great, anne!

    ReplyDelete