To Cake Top.... or NOT to Cake Top

That is the question I've been facing these past few days.  Being a budget bride, you've got to cut here and there.  I mean, do I really need to invest in a cake topper that 0.5 people will even notice, or do I want to invest in 5 other flower displays to place around the room? 

I can't complain, there could be worse things to ponder over like....should I give my kidney to a family member who really needs it?  Or, I may have breast cancer, so should I do chemo or just get a double mastectomy?  If you know me, you know I'd say cut those puppies off.  I hate lugging around 20 lbs of breast everyday.  It's ALOT of work.

To complicate my decision even more, I'm doing a massive cupcake display...NOT a cake.  My fabulous mother in law bought this super cool display from Europe that will form the cupcakes into the shape of a cake.



She has been awesome in bringing my cupcake vision to life down to the metallic gold icing and baby peacock feathers sticking out of each cupcake.  I'm not particular or anything.... ;)

Just when I thought I had made the decision to NOT cake top....I found this......

Funny Sexy Wedding Bride and Groom Cake Topper Figurine

Fucking awesome.  I know.

And then, I thought perhaps this would be fun....

Full Crystal Monogram Wedding Cake Toppers Silver Initial Letter

My fiance is OBSESSED with the fact that his last name starts with an 'X.'  I mean seriously.  It's tattooed all over his body.  So, I know he'd love to have a massive 'X' sitting atop the cake.

So, HELP all of you (cough, cough) 3 readers out there. 

To cake top or NOT to cake top.  That is my question.

3 comments:

  1. I like the "X" idea but i also like the representation of you jumping jon's bones on top of a cake (because we know this is truly the way it is. haha. but...i also like the no topper idea. I'm a big help...I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 2 cents would be to think of it this way, really the only thing a cake topper is good for is to look good in pictures. You'll have pictures of your cake taken by your photographer, pictures of you two in front of it feeding each other and drinking for a toast. Other than that the cake topper doesn't do anything. So think of your pictures. I will tell you my cake topper is sitting in a storage box taking up room, but when I look back at my pictures of the cake I was happy with my choice. I honestly like either of your options above, but you need to decide for yourself, in 10 years what do you want to see in your pictures or not see in them? YEAH! It's begining to set in how close it is already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a "B" cake topper that is silver and sat on the cake, I now have it on our mantel next to our family pictures. You might be able to think of a way to "reuse" your topper, you could possibly turn the letter into a Christmas ornament. . just a thought!

    ReplyDelete